The protection and privacy of personal information is of the utmost importance to Masons Moving Group Ltd and we are committed to processing such information that will comply with all legal and regulatory obligations.
We will as an absolute minimum:
- Keep all your personal information private and secure
- Provide options for you to manage any marketing choices you make
- Only pass on any information that you may give us to our trusted partners / group subsidiaries if consent is given
Data Protection law indicates that we may use your personal information if we have a legitimate reason to do so. These include (but are not limited to):
- Carrying out a survey from an enquiry received by you
- Preparing a quotation for you
- To enter into a removal or storage contract with you
- Your consent has been given to pass information on
Personal information received from you may come from a variety of sources and these include:
- Information you give to us when you enquire about services we offer by phone
- You fill out enquiry forms on our website requesting services
- Emails and other documentation received from you
- Information given to us if we carry out a survey
- Customer feedback forms
- Information received from subsidiary companies if your consent has been given
The type of information that we may collect from you is:
- Your Name
- Your Address
- Your Email Address
- Your Telephone Number(s)
- Your Bank Details (if you have entered into a contract with us for goods / services)
- Details of any complaints or enquiries in relation to services we have provided
The information we receive from you will be used as follows:
- To arrange a survey
- To prepare a quotation
- To prepare all contractual documentation if a quote is accepted
- To instruct Third Parties who we may have to use to fulfill the contract
- General office administration
- To contact you throughout the contract when needed
- To obtain payment for services / goods
- Customer feedback
- Identity checking
- To offer goods / services from subsidiary companies
- Management of any claims, complaints or disputes
- To meet all legal and statutory compliance
Your personal information may be shared with:
- Subsidiary companies within our group
- Third Parties who assist with the contract
- HM Revenue & Customs or other authorities
- Claims Handling Agents
Disclosure of any personal information to any member of our group and subsidiaries for business purposes is defined under Section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
Your personal information will be kept safe, accurate and up to date as far as reasonably possible but it is your responsibility to ensure that the data we hold is accurate and up to date. Any changes to your date must be relayed to us as soon as possible either by phone, in writing or by email. We will carry out an ID check before any information we hold is changed.
All instructions in regard to any contractual arrangement between us will only be accepted by you unless third parties are specifically indicated by you at point of contact or via a power of attorney.
Your personal information will only be kept by us for as long as is needed for the operation of your account and whilst our services are being provided. Your data will also be kept to meet legal and regulatory requirements but for no longer than 7 years from the cessation of your contract with us unless legal reasons forbid us to do so.
The data kept will enable us to;
- Respond to claims or complaints
- Maintain our business records
- Meet contractual obligations
- Provide information to law enforcement agencies in the case of fraud or crime
Cookies & Hyperlinks
Cookies are small text files that are saved on your PC or other electronic device when you use our website. These cookies are used to find out information about the number of visitors to our site and which area has been visited. The cookie does not identify you individually and only the information is processed. The cookie is used to collect information to enhance and improve the experience of using our website in the future.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and there are websites that can assist you in changing your browser settings to reject cookies or you can use the Help menu. If, however, you choose to reject cookies then some of our website features may not function as a result.
Our website may also provide hyperlinks to other locations or websites on the Internet. These hyperlinks may lead to our subsidiary companies or to other third parties to who we are affiliated. We endeavor to ensure that these websites are reputable and have been vetted by us however these websites are subject to their own privacy policies and browsing these sites is done so at your own risk.
Your personal information may be used by us or our subsidiaries to contact you by phone, post, social media or SMS with information or promotions about our products and services that could be of interest to you.
You may, at any time, opt out of receiving marketing information from us by contacting a member of staff who will then ensure your account is marked accordingly or you can do so in writing to our head office. If you have opted out of marketing you will still receive any information that is required to fulfill our contract with you so long as we are providing the services contracted.
To provide you with our range of products and service we may do a credit check on you so that we can make credit decisions about you or people / businesses associated with you. It will also enable us to prevent and detect fraud and money laundering. Any checks made will be kept on the files of the Credit Reference Agency we may use.
We may also disclose information about you on how you conduct your account to these agencies and any linked information relating to people living at the same address or who are financially linked to you.
These agencies may use your information to make credit decisions about you and any associations linked to you as well as assisting in the prevention of fraud and money laundering. All false and inaccurate information received will be recorded and reported.
You can request a copy of the information we hold for you ( a subject access request) at any time. If you would like all, or part of, the information then please:
- Phone, email or write to us
- Provide proof of identity and address
- Provide a detailed list of the information you require
There is no charge for this but can be subject to time constraints at busy times
If you have any questions about this policy or about the information we hold for you then please contact us as follows:
Masons Moving Group Ltd
Priority Enterprise Park
Tel: 01446 733330
This policy may change from time to time in accordance with legal guidelines and business requirements. Whilst you are a customer of ours you should check this policy occasionally to ensure that you are aware of any changes and that you have the most recent version if requested.